Movement Assessment & Enhancement | FAQs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by David David 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Movement Assessment & Enhancement | FAQs

If there is one thing that brings success to the movement training more than anything, it is the performance of precise and accurate movements. With these assessment & enhancement packets, users learn how to assess themselves with more details of how to look at and evaluate their performance of each movement. The more accurate and precise individual movement performance gets, the better the overall motion gets helping to add distance and improve contact on all shots and the better prepared users will be for learning ahead in the program. Print the Assessment Form PDF that sits inside each chapter support tab and follow the directions included. You can evaluate yourself, a friend, or a student of yours.

Hi,

is it allowed to lift the left heel a little bit to complete a full turn at the backswing for the driver, so that the shaft is parallel to the target line? I am 73 years old and not so flexible anymore.
    An other question: to prevent swaying at the backswing, can I put more weigth on the left foot ( 60:40) ore should I always be centered (50:50)?

Karl from Austria

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your question, many others have shared similar thoughts and feedback.

In the program as you know we discuss turning both feet out slightly to help support movement. In your case I would suggest turning your right foot out while dropping your back foot back slightly. In the program we discuss roughly 10degrees and dropped back an inch. Feel free to turn the right foot out even more and drop the right foot back slightly more. This will help a couple aspects of your backswing. It will allow for you to push back into your back glute and load the rib cage back even more. This way when you are lifting the front heel (which we are ok with) you are still centered and balanced. Turning the right foot out and dropping the right foot back allows you to push strait back into your back glute. This along with loading the ribs back, will keep you centered to the top. We would emphasize “Body Movement 5” with the club on the shoulders to help build strength into the backswing. Notice while doing this, how the placement of the feet allows for more turn.

Thanks again for the question, enjoy the rest of your training. We look forward to seeing you at the Tathata headquarters in May for the 2.5 Day Live Training.

How about some slow motion videos of the full swing. That would help me greatly. Thanks.

Hi Brad! Thanks for reaching out, as it relates to slow motion videos, we will share with you that there are some exciting developments in progress that will really enhance your training and take you to the next level. We currently do not have any slow motion content inside the 60-day program but if you want private one on one analysis of your motion with our staff you can do so utilizing the “swing submittal” product found inside the “additional training tab.” We are excited to share with you what is coming in the weeks ahead!

I am on day 17 of the training. One area I am trying to remedy in my swing is the first move off the ball and a sensation of my weight moving outside my right foot or “sway”. Even if I place a ball or prop under my right foot I still can’t seem to create a “pivot” point and consequently can’t get to the top of the swing. I see threads where this looks like it may come up later down the road in Chapter 3?? Is there a specific day or Chapter that focuses on “sway” or loading into the right side without drifting outside right foot. The drifting is my kryptonite and can’t find a remedy no matter how hard I try. Thanks love the program. Chris

Hi Chris, thank you for reaching out to us. Great to hear you are enjoying the program.

This is a good question about swaying and moving off of the golf ball. As you are learning in Chapters 1 and 2, we will to stay centered and have the body load around our center without moving laterally at the beginning of the swing.

Other than making sure we are slightly pushing back in the glutes instead of swaying and having the ribs load to the top, Chapter 3 we look at pressure and specific points in the body to feel pressure during your swing. Specifically for you, the pressure points in the feet will help keep you more centered. You will find out that the pressure/weight in the back foot during the backswing, ideally we want to stay on the inside of the foot instead of moving toward the outside which could cause you to move off of the ball.

hi one of my swing issues are i come over the top, that is my normal swing, and when i don’t i hit the ball fairly well i’m 68 years old and old habits die hard,what can i do to eliminate this part of my swing

Hi Jerome,

That’s a very common problem and one that I battled for YEARS! There are many things that we do that will output an over-the-top or outside-in swing path. Over the top by itself isn’t necessarily the issue but coming outside in is. Bryan has talked about this in some video replies. If you’re still struggling with this, let me know and I’ll dig it out for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.