TELL TATHATA | With the basic full swing training concluding at the end of this chapter, what questions do you still have about your full swing motion?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  David 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 19 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • TELL TATHATA | With the basic full swing training concluding at the end of this chapter, what questions do you still have about your full swing motion?

At the end of my day it said you should go back and do the lay downs again. I went back to look for them do you have a list of what chapters have the lay downs?
    Terri

Hi Terri,

Thank you for reaching out about where to find the Laydowns. We see you are in Chapter 4 and through Day 34, that’s awesome. Below is a list of where you can find each laydown in the course and their exact times.

Chapter 1

Day 4: There is a laydown following the Body Movements Routine A at time marker 32:27

Day 10: There is a laydown following the Body Movements Routine A at time marker 31:56

Chapter 2

Day 11: There is a laydown following the Stretching Movements Routine B at time marker 16:00

Day 14: There is a laydown following the Hand & Arm Movements Routine A at time marker 42:02

Day 15: There is a laydown following the Body Movements Routine B at time marker 38:33

Day 17: There is a laydown following the Hand & Arm Movements Routine B at time marker 35:53

Chapter 3

Day 27: There is a laydown following the Pressure Movements Routine A at time marker 30:28

Day 29: There is a laydown following the Impact Movements Routine A at time marker 45:46

Day 30: There is a laydown following the Stretching Movements Routine B at time marker 13:15

Chapter 4

Day 33: There is a laydown following the Speed & Strength Movements Routine A at time marker 39:31

Day 35: There is a laydown following the Full Swing Movements Routine A at time marker 46:56

Chapter 5

Day 46: There is a laydown following the Stretching Movements Routine B at time marker 14:10

Day 47: There is a laydown following the Energy Movements Routine A at time marker 10:43

Chapter 6

Day 52: There is a laydown following the Trajectory Movements Routine A at time marker 40:41

Day 56: There is a laydown following the Stretching Movements Routine B at time marker 14:38

Day 57: There is a laydown following the Energy Movements Routine A at time marker 11:10

Day 59: There is a laydown following the Putting Movements Routine A at time marker 51:22

Day 60: There is a laydown following the Full Swing Movements Routine A at time marker 47:26

Once you complete Day/Lesson 60 all off the movement routines, mental training exercises and deeper discussions will be broken apart and sit in your 60-Day Program Video Library that can be found on the dropdown menu of the 60-Day Training Program tab. Once again, this will become available to you when you complete Day 60. If you would like to review the laydowns then, you will access these at the end of the routines listed above.

Thank you Terri, I look forward to you revisiting these laydowns.

On the backswing, I can feel glutes pushing back and down into the ground. I also understand the pressure in the hands and arms. My question is the shoulders get turned 90 degrees (back to target). What makes the shoulders turn fully? Should I make the shoulders turn , or does arm pressure do it? Or is there a better way to accomplish this?
    Thank you…. I’m enjoying the program.

Andy,

Great question, you are correct the pressuring of the arms is what turns the shoulders. They body is centered and balanced while the hands and arms push away to create width. This relationship between the hands and arms pushing away from a body that is centered and balanced creates a loading of the shoulders. You may really enjoy the deeper discussions on both “How the Shoulders Work” and also “Creating Width” in the program.

Thanks Andy.

I just turned 70 and find that my driver distance is inadequate to have a good chance of hitting greens in regulation on a 6,000 yard course. I rarely hit driver more than 200 yards. I am optimistic that your speed and strength routines will help, but want to know if resistance exercises should be added. I used to lift weights a good bit, but once I started playing golf 5 days a week I didn’t make time for that. My research indicates that one of the best ways to develop fast-twitch muscle fibers is to do isometric exercises using resistance bands. Some of your movements where we hold the position appear to be almost isometric exercises. I can envision setting up resistance bands in the positions where we do some of the pushing moves. My question is do you recommend strength training in addition to your routines, and if so, do you have a recommended approach?

Hi Larry,

Incredible question about adding speed and strength into your movement training and game. In addition to the Speed and Strength Movements you are introduced to in Chapter 4, below is a video that will add to these movements and your training to help increase strength and speed in your motion.

Student Q & A: Strength Training Movements

Thank you Larry for the question, enjoy!

Thanks for the video…will add that to my exercise routine.

I struggle with the following downswing thoughts:

How to push down with arms through impact to create compression while my body with head attached has to bob down and thrust up afterwards. I also have issues with maintaining balance trying to finish like a superman. My balance is much better with a sawed off finish. Lastly, it seems like hips are pushing back more than the knees when surfing to level. This seems to give room for the arms to get closer to the body for the baseball throw.

Viewing 8 posts - 19 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.