TELL TATHATA | What body or hand and arm movements have you noticed are the most different for you and your swing?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Herbert 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • TELL TATHATA | What body or hand and arm movements have you noticed are the most different for you and your swing?

So far, the Loading into the glutes has been the most dramatic change for me. I believe it has allowed me to get my hips out of the way (by them never being in the way) on the downswing so that I can hit the “slot”. Can’t wait to get a video of my new swing and compare with my old one.

I have been a follower of Jim Hardy’s one plane swing and have some difficulty with the hand and arms movements in tathata but am excited with the pressurizing effect of the movements in the swing and the possibility of being an even more consistent ball striker.

Pushing away with the arms on take off
    The “surf” stand just before impact, I used to have my hips rotated through impact before.
    The full body rotation just after impact, I used to be all arms

The baseball throw move from the top as well as the hip turn.

I used to post over my back leg with more of a hip turn; now I feel like I am squatting a little more into my right glute with more pressure into the inside of my right heel than the right instep.

Most of the movements felt natural to me from the beginning, however the front arm punch during the back swing seems to be the most different and also seems to be creating more power in my swing.

The front arm punch, getting more in the glutes, and feeling a little more pressure in general are the main changes for me. I’ve been a PGA Member for over 20 years, and have always had very good balance, timing, and not a lot of hand motion in my swing. I hit the ball very straight. I’m quite sure as I adapt to these changes, I’ll generate more speed and distance on shots that I want more distance. Might take some time, as I tweaked my back a while ago, and I am being quite cautious with my swing right now.

I am just through day 16 but the move I like most to this point is the punch with the lead arm and lifting the ribs in the backswing. I am a person that learns best by watching a good player or a particular movement. This method is very good for my creative brain. People that are skeptical of Tathata should look no further than the pictures of the greatest players you present and the Dec Jan issue of Golf Digest Soren Kjeldsen’s swing pp 24-25. He has the hands taken away and the club parallel to the ground, he returns to parallel and thrust through impact and finishes with the club on his eyeline.
    I look forward to tomorrow’s lesson.

Thank you all for your feedback and the energy you are putting into the training. It’s fun for us to hear how the training is going for you and the comments you all share about your journey throughout the program. We look forward to you continuing to train and surpass the outcomes you choose to create in your game.

Thank you,

The Tathata Staff

jim

Hi, with an aging flexibility issue and multiple shoulder surgeries I find it difficult to maintain a straight left arm DEEP into the back swing and also the same with the right arm post impact to finish. Is this going to be detrimental or can I live with a slight arm bend provided I maintain as much pressure as I can and ensure the arms are moving with the body?

Hi Jim,

That is a great question, this will not be detrimental moving forward. You are in a perfect place right where you are. More will be revealed as you move into the pressure section in chapter 3. You will come to find exactly what you mentioned in regards to pressure effectively moving the arms with the body and you might even find that as the arms and elbows build pressure they may appear more straight without you attempting to physically straighten them. We look forward to you updating us on your progress and know that we are available to review and give feedback on your golf swing through our “swing submittal” training located under additional Live Training. Thank you.

Re CH 12: I am unclear about where my right elbow should be after the left punch. Should my right arm be straight or in a 90 degree position tucked into my side? On the lesson, the guy looked as if his right elbow was bent whereas Erin looked like her right arm was straight with the club straight up.

Glen

Re CH 12: I am unclear about where my right elbow should be after the left punch. Should my right arm be straight or in a 90 degree position tucked into my side? On the lesson, the guy looked as if his right elbow was bent whereas Erin looked like her right arm was straight with the club straight up.

The right and left hand exercise for the takeaway is effective because it gets me away from the one piece takeaway which has causeed big problems.
    The left hand punch appears to give you more loading Power as opposed to a turn. With the left hand punch I get a 90 degree turn without the club being parallel at the top.
    I am still having problems with the stance, can’t seem to stand steal for 20 seconds without a little rocking, where is the pressure in the feet at address, is there a lean forward for balance.Lorens posture looks awesome, Alex also, however Lorens legs and knees looks much wider at address. I am nearly 6’8, should my stance and knees be wider than an average height person
    Herb

The grip has helped me a bit after I stopped twisting my left hand to the right in a 3 to 3 and a half knuckle visible position. Did I hear correctly when the instructor stated that he can barely see one knuckle of the left hand at address. I can see two, should I turn it more to the left ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.