Day 18 test

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Day 18 test

I have answered all the day 18 test questions correctly several times but it’s only giving me a grade of 88% and it will not let me move on. What do I do???

Leon,

Thank for your reaching out to us. We have looked into your quiz for Day 18 and noticed that one question was answered incorrectly. We have changed the answer for you to allow you to move on to Day 19. We realize it may be challenging to move onto the next day without knowing what questions you answered incorrectly, so we are currently working on adding this feature to all quiz questions.

For your information moving forward, the question that was answered incorrectly is:

5. Jack Nicklaus’ hands work ________________ during the first part of his takeaway.

Your answer: Back in “one piece”

Correct answer: Down

The hands and arms absolutely work back in “One Piece” in Jack Nicklaus’ golf swing but those words are misleading and misunderstood in many ways. We point out that the hands work down in the “first part” of his takeaway to make sure that students pressurize or straiten their arms as they take the club back. The key here is to notice that the hands work (down) in the initial movement of the takeaway because he is pressurizing his arms. We want to emphasize the (down) in the beginning of the takeaway to ensure that the arms are properly pressurizing and engaging with the pecks and biceps. The reason the answer is not “one piece” is because without pressurizing the arms properly in the initial moment of the takeaway the arms and body aren’t engaged to move together. If the hands lift during the “first part” of the takeaway we can still take it back in “one piece” without the arms ever pressurizing, which means the true compression is off.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.