Divots

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Divots

I am a graduate of the program. I’m hitting the ball very solid and enjoying a lot of success. The only thing that concerns me is that the direction of the divot is pointing slightly left. I am a right-handed golfer. Do I need to be concerned about this?

Hi Michael – I’m not an expert or pro or anything but I can for sure tell you that as a right handed golfer, on a typical, solidly struck shot, your divot should absolutely point slightly left of your target. That’s a really good thing. Part of what makes golf so hard is that the club head is only on the target line for a fraction of a second. It comes from inside, to square, back to inside the target line. If your divot is in front of the ball, where it’s supposed to be, the divot really has to be pointing left if you made a good swing. Hope that helps. Glad you’re having success with your game.

Michael and David,

There are many factors that ultimately play into what the divot for a particular golf shot is going to look like. With a stock mid to short-iron shot, with a stock trajectory and shape, from a flat “Driving Range” lie, we are looking for the divot to be shallow and pointing slightly left for a right handed player.

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts together and building strength into each others games by continuing to answer questions once and for all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.