TELL TATHATA | What is your favorite hand and arm movement? How has the movement helped you? Share your favorite hand and arm movement and learn what movements have helped others.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TELL TATHATA | What is your favorite hand and arm movement? How has the movement helped you? Share your favorite hand and arm movement and learn what movements have helped others.

I found that the baseball throw to impact has made me feel compression of the golf ball when
    Hitting into net.I really enjoy the program and look forward to my next days training.
    Thank you Jimb.

My fav so far is the Takeaway/pushdown of the hands with a firm grip all the way through the top of the backswing. It feels very powerful, and to see all the greats doing it just solidified it in my mind as the way to go.

The full body movement through and just after impact,i.e. The soccer kick holding the arms together, body in a C shape and club pointing to your belly button

I like the takeaway/push down movement because of the feeling of power and stability it offers.

Having just finished Day 13, where the movements are all brought together in the first full swing, I’d have to say I can’t pick one favorite. They all have a reason for being.

And far from any feeling of being uncomfortable or odd as some of the pre-test commentary warns of, I have a sense of discovery — that I am coming to know now what a swing from strength, power AND safety really feels like!
    It feels entirely different from the swing I’ve been playing with, but it feels great.
    The concept of the arms staying connected to the ribs through impact is the most powerful concept for me, delivering both power and safety.
    B B

Ed

On the grip section is it possible to see a closer view of how the hands were placed on the club? I believe it is slightly different than my old method but I have some uncertainty especially in regard to my thumbs and I couldn’t really see on the video. Thanks. Really enjoying the program so far. Presently on day 15. Ed

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the questions, here we have a closer look at the grips of Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods, and Jack Nicklaus. As you can see they are fairly “Neutral” or what we would call “Palm to Palm.” The hands are set in this fundamental way so that they will be centered to us and react to our center throughout the golf swing motion. Thank you for the question and if you are looking for a more in depth explanation we would be happy to provide that for you. Also after reviewing these pictures make sure to watch the “Deeper Discussion” on grip found on Day 11.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the questions, here we have a closer look at the grips of Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods, and Jack Nicklaus. As you can see they are fairly “Neutral” or what we would call “Palm to Palm.” The hands are set in this fundamental way so that they will be centered to us and react to our center throughout the golf swing motion. Thank you for the question and if you are looking for a more in depth explanation we would be happy to provide that for you. Also after reviewing these pictures make sure to watch the “Deeper Discussion” on grip found on Day 11.

Ben Hogan’s Grip

Tiger Wood’s Grip

Jack Nicklaus’ Grip

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.