Flat left wrist?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Norman 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Flat left wrist?

In chapter 2, the “throw a punch” move and half way back takeaway move with club indicate a flat left wrist. I’m noticing that I tend to slightly cup my left wrist. Any suggestions to help with this move without being too mechanical?

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the question, this is a great observation about what the left wrist is doing here with the Front Arm Punch. Check out the video below of Bryan answering another student’s question about a cupped wrist at impact. I recommend watching the entire video, but at the time mark 3:50 in the video Bryan discusses from a martial art point of view how we would strengthen and protect the wrists. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Student Q & A: “Cupped” Wrist at Impact

Keith,
    I’m glad you asked that question. I’m on day 50 and I have noticed that I’m laying the club back at the top of the back swing and it is causing me trouble. the answer to you , I think , solved my problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.