Hitting longer irons and clubs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hitting longer irons and clubs

I just finished the 2nd chapter of the training. While my shot with a 7-iron and anything shorter has improved incredibly, I’m not hitting the ball well at all with anything longer. This includes irons, hybrids, woods, and driver. Why would I have so much inconsistency as I move up in club length? Is this something that we’ll learn about in the later chapters of the training since we’ve only been training with a stock 7 so far? Or is it something else I may be doing?

Thanks,
    P

Yes, I have had the same experience. 6 iron down has been great. My Driver and long irons have developed a fade. More so than before I started the program.

Thanks Nick

Les
    Les

After my first few lessons I actually started hitting my longer irons very well. My 5 iron has become one of my most reliable go-to shots now. My shorter irons I have developed a pull – not a draw or hook but just a pull left. Gets a little frustrating when you line up on the pin and end up on the left side just off the green.

My 2 and 3 irons I still have a fade tendancy. I think this is a strength thing as it takes more strength to close the clubface at impact than the shorter irons. Also, the longer the club the more sidespin is imparted on the ball whereas the shorter irons more backspin is put on the ball.

Preetham and Nick,

Have you figured out the secret sauce yet? If you’re still searching then you may want to check out the video below. Maybe it will help. Let us know if you still have questions.

Student Q & A: Adjusting to Driver

What is recommended ball position and height for driver?

Thank you for the question Preetham and thank you all for the comments here.

Please refer to this video from Bryan speaking to adding safety and consistency to your shots with longer clubs.

Student Q & A: Add more speed and safety with longer clubs

For additional comments and responses about this topic, here is another thread from the Tathata forum, http://legacy.tathatagolf.com/forums/topic/longer-clubs/.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the question Preetham and thank you all for the comments here.

Please refer to this video from Bryan speaking to adding safety and consistency to your shots with longer clubs.

Student Q & A: Add more speed and safety with longer clubs

For additional comments and responses about this topic, here is another thread from the Tathata forum, http://legacy.tathatagolf.com/forums/topic/longer-clubs/.

Enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.