Move forward or go back

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Move forward or go back

I am about half way through the program (41). I think the training makes sense and when I practice the individual routines they seem to be pretty good. When I go to the range, I find that it doesn’t come together in the full swing. I only hit about 1 out of 15 balls well. Should I continue ahead with the program, or look to redo some of the previous chapters. I find it a particular challenge to get my lower body to move correctly on the downswing. When I hit a weak shot I notice I don’t finish in a crescent, but end up pretty upright. Not being critical, the program is well laid out and makes sense.

any thoughts on the above. I went back to the range and had the same results

Richard

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you aren’t experiencing better results. Struggling with the lower body in the downswing can have a tendency to lead directly to a finish that is too upright in the body. I would imagine there is something else contributing to this as well though. If the club face is too open coming into impact, the body will react and try to close it down leading to a lack of the crescent shape and a finish that is too upright.

If we had to recommend a movement to continue to train in, it would be Movement 10: Moving Energy from the Hand and Arm Movements Routine. Be sure you have created the crescent shape on the front-side of your body at the finish of this motion and the palm of your back hand is facing more to the ground than the sky. It is important that the palm of the back hand is facing about at the ball at the end of this motion. This will help to insure that the club face is not open on the downswing and you can continue to move into the crescent position through impact. Again, the more open the club face on the downswing, the more of a tendency you will have to miss this crescent position and be too upright at your finish.

I hope this helps, let us know if there are any other questions or comments you might have that we can help you with beyond this.

Happy training.

Thanks for the reply. Which chapter and day can I find that movement. I am on on day 42 at the moment.

Richard, Movement 10: Moving Energy from the Hand and Arm Movements Routine will be found on Day 13 from Chapter 2, 33:50 into the video.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.