"Out in Front"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • "Out in Front"

Just finished day 37 of the program and I’m loving it. I’m struggling to fully grasp the concept of “energy out in front”. What does that really mean? Is the idea to direct one’s energy toward the target rather than inwardly or towards the ball? Please help me understand this better as I am coming to believe it is indeed crucial but that I’m just not really getting it.

Brent

Great question. I will use a few examples to try to answer this. You are in the middle of the fairway about to hit a 7-iron to the green. To apply this concept, as you look over the shot and move into the ball, there would be a sense of the short upcoming putt you are going to make after hitting this shot. With this there becomes a sense that the target and the outcome you are sensing is almost pulling you to it.

You are stepping on the first tee to begin the first round of your club championship; there is a sense of the moments ahead being better than they have ever been before. Not just for that first tee shot but for that whole round and whole tournament ahead. Don’t be afraid to start sensing that you have already won the tournament if this is a goal. How would the tournament winner walk off the first tee? How would the tournament winner move throughout the round? Simply giving thought and attention to this outcome helps creates energy out in front.

Whether relating to your life on or off the golf course, sending energy out in front would include becoming really clear about outcomes 1 year, 5 years and even 20 years into the future. Your thoughts, movements and actions throughout the days and weeks ahead will then move in synchronicity toward that outcome.

If your 1 year goal in golf is to gain 20 yards off the tee and lower your handicap 4 shots, it is far more powerful to sense that this has already happened rather than trying to figure out a road map to make that happen. Sense it being true, sense that it has already happened. Your thoughts and actions will begin moving you toward these goals without a great amount of effort required. Your only responsibility is to sense that this has already happened and become really clear about what life would be like right now if this were the case.

You can apply this not only on the golf course but also to several other aspects of your life if you choose. The deeper discussions on days 38 and 39 will talk about sustaining energy and sending energy further and further out in front, months and years ahead.

I hope this helps, happy training!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.