Pressure vs Tightening

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by David David 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pressure vs Tightening

Am I to assume that pressuring the arms and body is the same as tightening or stiffening them? Do I pressure my arms by squeezing them tighter? Also, we learned early on to tighten the grip of index and pinky fingers on our left hand when drawing the club back. Does this in anyway conflict with adding additional pressure? Are they one and the same?

Les
    Les

I believe what you are describing one and the same. It is just a matter of degrees, i.e. levels 2 through 9. At level 9 you should almost be locked out, meaning very difficult to move, whereas level 2 is almost soft. I would recommend paying close attention to what a 5/6 feels like compared to a 2 and compared to a 9. You will want to feel more pressure coming out of the strike as compared to what you are feeling prior to the strike.

Hi Mark,

Below are a couple of supplemental videos that may help answer your question. Hope you’re enjoying the program. Pressure is one of my favorite aspects of this program.

Student Q & A: Pressure vs. Tension

Student Q & A: Pressurizing the hands & arms to the top of the swing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.