Pressure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Shonn Arndt Shonn Arndt 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pressure

I believe I understand the concept of pressure but am having a really difficult time feeling like I am executing it, especially on the golf course. I am on day 53 and have diligently worked on this concept. The problem seems that through impact my body when actually hitting a golf ball wants to generate speed and it feels like it goes back to a 3 or maybe a 4. I can’t seem to get to a feeling of an 8 when actually hitting a ball. I can do through the movement routines. Any suggestions?

To your success – Greg

Hello Greg,

If you are looking for a way to continue to train this, we would recommend chip/pitch shots at the range or short game practice area. Can the pressure go from a 2 at setup to 5-6 at finish of a simple chip or pitch? Can this feeling be extended into a longer pitch shot going from a 2 to a 7-8 at the finish? Are you able to feel the effortless speed this generates? It may feel as if you are moving slower but getting stronger as you move. The faster and stronger you can apply pressure, the faster the club will start to move.

I’m on day 14 and taking some time to reflect on the program so far. I really like the concept of pressure over position. I am really getting the feeling of getting into the ground both at setup and the slight push of the arms in the takeaway. This reminds me of yoga warrior 1 (golf set up) and yoga warrior 2 (back swing) and the feeling of being strong and grounded. Pushing down on the hands during the takeaway immediately improved both my chipping and pitches (contact & energy transfer). Also felt a more powerful strike in the full swing! Thank you for sharing these concepts:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.