Question/concern on stretching routines

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Question/concern on stretching routines

For the last 35 years my work day has been sitting on my butt almost all day. For the last 20 years I have done yoga routines for the AM/PM and sometimes go to a Bikram Yoga class if I want to sweat it out. In all, there is a stretch/hold of the poses.

These routines move fast and bounce a lot. I feel like I need to warm up/stretch before starting these. What’s the purpose for this pace? Are we late for our tee time? 🙂

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the question. The Stretching Routine is used to help open up specific parts of the body for the golf swing, as well as used to warm up or create some heat in the body to use that energy toward the rest of your training session or round of golf depending on when you choose to stretch.

If you are interested, I would recommend checking out the Stretching Regressions Routine found in the Chapter Support section for all chapters. This routine you will see Lauren doing the original stretches and Alex doing a regressed version of the stretches. This may be a good routine to use the regressed stretches to warm up with before doing the original stretches.

Thanks Michael for reaching out! Enjoy the rest of your training!

First, I have to say I’ve done 4 days and I am completely impressed with this program. I already have a better understanding of my swing. However, I am to the stretching section and I have a problem.

Two years ago I had a partial knee replacement. My doctor has suggested that I don’t kneel on my knee for extended periods. After today’s workout I am experiencing some pain.

I looked at the regression examples and I see there are some ways to take some of the pressure off of my knee. Has anyone developed a non-kneeling stretching routine that will meet the same objectives?

If not, what do you suggest so I can keep moving forward? Thanks for your time and help.

Sincerely

David Dees

Hi David,

Great to hear you are enjoying the program and you are already seeing improvement after 4 days of your training.

When doing the stretching routine or any of the regressions, to further take pressure off of the knee it can be helpful to put a blanket or a pillow under the knee(s). If you are still feeling pressure on the knee, we would recommend skipping any of the kneeling stretches or spending less time kneeling on them.

Enjoy the rest of your training, let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.