Same Problem But Need Help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David David 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Same Problem But Need Help

I am having the same problem that was discussed earlier in Ch 3 Support Discussions: an open face at impact (and resulting fade/slice).

It was suggested that either “Body Movement 7: Snap to Level” or “Hand & Arm Movement 12: Club Through Impact” might be remedies. In my case, I’m pretty sure the latter would apply, but I still don’t know how to fix the problem.

Before Tathata, I golfed with a very strong grip and did not release the clubface. My usual miss was a pull-hook. With the neutral/weak grip prescribed by Tathata, holding the face open isn’t going to get it. I need to learn to get the toe up after impact. I know H&A Mvmt 12 is intended to address this problem, but it’s not working for me. I don’t understand what causes the hands to turn over after impact. The only thing that makes sense to me would be to keep the arms/wrist loose, and maybe this would allow a turnover. Of course, that flies in the face of Tathata training!

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Dennis – One possible place to look would be pressure in the front arm. Below is a link to a video from Bryan that hits this topic at the 3 min mark. One other suggestion that I’ve seen from Team Tathata is to practice snap to level with the shoulders closed 5 – 10 degrees.

Have you taken video of your swing down the line and face on to see what your surfing movement looks like once you have a club in hand and a ball at your feet? Sometimes video can reveal some missing details.

Student Q & A: Add more speed and safety with longer clubs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.