Shoulder surgery

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Shoulder surgery

Jan

I’m recovering from a repaired labrum and micro fracture on my right shoulder and figured since I can’t swing a club for the next few months now would be a good time to try this since it starts from the ground up….I’m left handed so when I follow it’s like looking in a mirror…..I’m only on day one, but I can’t put the club behind my neck quite yet without pain…can I place the club across my chest and do the twisting movement until I can put the club behind me….or should I wait? My range of motion is getting better and should be able to do it in the coming weeks.
    Not sure when the arms and full swings come into play….but I figure I can concentrate on the lower body until my arm is good!

Jan

Thank you for your question and enthusiasm for improving your golf game! We are sorry to hear about your shoulder. Feel free to put the club across your chest in this movement if that is easier, nothing is lost. With the club across your chest, one thing you will want to be sure you are still doing in the backswing is slightly lifting your ribs as you push back slightly into your glutes and load slightly down into your legs. With the club across the shoulders it makes this a little easier to feel but it can still be done/felt just as effectively with the club across your chest.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions related to the shoulder. Happy training!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.