Slow Motion Swing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brian 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Slow Motion Swing

Can you provide a down-the-line and face-on slow motion model Tathata swing?

I’d also appreciate this request. It would seem to me to be especially helpful
    in identifying the actual lower body movements changes in direct relation to
    the upper body/arms movements at the same time.
    It’s sometimes difficult for me to get the sequence of these movements as smooth
    and correctly related to each other as they should be.

From a Tathata training perspective we are each building our own authentic model that is true to our own body, strength, mobility and level of training. There are however commonalities in how the greatest players and athletes have moved. An incredible player to watch today is Jason Day. He embodies these commonalities in many ways. He has incredible width and strength not only in his long game but his short game as well. We look at the commonalities in how the greats move, how they setup, how they create strength and leverage going to the top of the swing, how they surf and create strength and width in transition, and how they thrust with strength to a strong and engaged finish. Each greatest player does this slightly differently from a visual perspective because of various factors but the commonalities are there for us to see.

When looking at Jack Nicklaus, Sam Snead and Gary Player for instance we see three different swings because we see three different people with different strength, mobility, length of limbs and different pressure. They each used their bodies incredibly well and efficiently in relation to their own body however. In the greatest player videos on Day 8 and Day 18 we point out some of these commonalities. We have found that students utilizing the greatest players videos located within the chapter support begin to really deepen their understanding of how these movements sequence together to create incredible golf swings and results.

What I done is record the full swing on day 13 buy playing it on a laptop then record the screen using your phone. Download a slow motion app then your can slow down the swing.

I’m surprised that Jason Day is used as an example for Tathata. Not that he isn’t a superb player and athlete. He obviously is and has great width and generates a lot of power, but his hands are high at impact, he has a bit of a chase or hand release and he has a small bit of early extension. Isn’t this different to some of the tathata drills? It also looks different to me than the legendary ball strikers.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the comments and question. There are many factors that create certain “positions” at certain moments in a golf swing or motion. It is difficult to comment on a position without knowing the shape and trajectory that the player is creating as well as the slope, shape, and trajectory that the player is creating in that specific moment. You will come to find as you are already seeing just how good the “legendary ball strikers” or as we call them “the greats” move. It’s amazing to think with how incredible Jason Day moves that there are places where he can move even better in relation to the greatest players in the history of the game.

Sure is. He’s an athlete and you can see the pressure he builds in his swing. I love his chipping method. He’s some putter too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.