Swing speed before chapter 4

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Les Les 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Swing speed before chapter 4

I know chapter 4 is for building speed and power in our swings. Up until that point should I try and use the same speed I do in the routines when I hit a golf ball? I think I may have been swinging way to hard/fast recently at the range and when I played which caused a lot of inconsistency in my ball striking.

Les
    Les

I try to build pressure as I progress through the swing. I find that I can have too much pressure prior to impact and then release early into the strike. This results in a stall and dump and fore right! If I am more gradual in how I build pressure then I get a more accelerating swing through impact. I almost want to feel less than a 6 in pressure when I am doing the baseball throw so that I still have room to add pressure to my 7-8-9 out of impact.

As a drill at the range, try to make your downswing almost slow motion then explode out of impact up to your finish to really get that feeling of acceleration and building pressure through the strike.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.