Taking it to the course in the beginning

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Larry 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Taking it to the course in the beginning

I play golf 5 days a week. I wanted to get thru the basic body and hand movements quickly so I could use the movements on the course as I play. So I went thru day 14 in 6 days. I can do the movements correctly during the routines, but building them into my game on the course is not working yet. I am not hitting the ball as well, and my game is suffering. I think it’s because I don’t really have the movements burned into my swing. I plan to go back thru and go more slowly with more reps. My question is what is the best way to incorporate the movements on a day to day basis while playing golf. Do I just let it come into my game naturally as I get more reps in, or should I try to focus on the movements as I learn them? Would appreciate any advice/success stories on how best to build Tathata training into my game.

Larry,

This is a great question. Many students have reached out and shared their successes and experiences throughout their training. There is a reality to the fact that the more you perform the movement the more it becomes a part of your golf swing. This is true for training in any discipline. The program is designed to build the body through the first ten days, build the hands and arms in days 11-20, and then bring them together with pressure days 21-30.

The most successful testimonials are coming from people who have been through certain areas of the program multiple times to help build those movements. Similar to building a muscle, there is a starting point and a period of building. As you continue to build, you become more certain that the muscle will show up when you need it.

We would suggest, from the experience of others, utilizing the chapter support located within the online program, utilizing one of the support features (online swing submittal or online movement follow-up), or simply taking your time and staying with the body movements for an extended period of time, followed by moving into the hands and arms for an extended period of time and not moving forward until you know without a doubt that you are performing the movement freely without much thought or effort. There is an element of safety that comes through these support features. Often times when a student submits a golf swing for feedback from either Alex or Bryan, they find that yes there are a couple of places or movements to focus their energy and attention but also a lot of safety is drawn by finding out what they already do incredibly well. We are able to diagnose in a simple way where the students are losing strength, energy or efficiency and prescribe movements to build those areas or answers those questions.

Thanks. I was concerned that just having the body movements without hands and arms synced to your method would be a problem. The more I go thru the body movements I am finding some points to focus on that have helped. Your video on how the shoulders move helped today. I found that I was tilting my back shoulder down on the downswing rather than letting the body movements rotate it thru, causing a lot of fat hits. When I got that going better it also helped the contact and get more into the crescent finish. I still have an issue with being too open just before impact and swinging across the ball. I will focus on more reps of surfing to level. That should help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.