Where to focus your eyes on the golf ball

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Where to focus your eyes on the golf ball

I have heard conflicting thoughts on where you should focus your eyes at address and at impact. Traditionally I have been taught to focus on the inner 1/4 of the golf ball if you divided it into qtrs. Sometimes I even look at the front of the ball at adress and toward impact to insure I actually compress the ball since sometimes I tend to hit behind the ball and off the toe area.

What are the thoughts from Tathata instructors? thanks

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the question.

As you set up to the golf ball yes we are absolutely looking down at the golf ball, however we would never want to focus in or stare at a specific place on the golf ball. Looking at the golf ball has more of a gaze to it. There is a sense yes that we know where the ball is but our senses should also be open to where we are moving to and where we are going at the same time.

If we focus in and try to hit a specific portion of the golf ball we would call this stopping time. The reason is by doing this we have no target awareness or sense of where we are going. The golf ball is gazed at from within while we sense drawing the club up with strength and sending energy to where we are going.

Looking at a specific place on the ball will ultimately cause you to be to fixated on the ball and we would much rather have you sensing where you are going as you swing through to the finish and sense where you are going.

Thank you for the time and effort you are putting into the program!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.