Can I golf during training?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lee Lee 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can I golf during training?

I am only abut 5 days into the program and am curious if it’s advisable to try to hit balls and play golf this weekend? If so, what should I focus on to make sure I eliminate reverting back to old/bad movements?

Thanks!

John

Hi John – Bryan has previously indicated that it is a personal preference. I think the more you train your body to move in this new way the less it will move the old way. Below is a video that Bryan posted about playing while learning the movements. I hope this helps!

Student Q & A – Can I Play During the 60-Day Program

Les
    Les

I played in a team match play tournament after day 4 and had some of the best mid- and long-iron shots that I could remember to that point. I lost my match 2&1 but not without putting up a good fight. I found that the body movements helped me work out some sequence issues and bring more power and ground forces into the shot. All depends where you are on your golfing journey. Some people the changes are so drastic that it can be a real disruption. For me, the first chapter helped fine tune my body action.

Go to the range sometime this week before your game on the weekend and just get a gauge on whether or not you can hit the ball decently under some pressure.

Lee
    Lee

I don’t think I could enjoy the spirit of the program without enjoying the spirit of the game. I do my thinking and analysis after the round. log some stats, pick one thing that consistently didn’t go as I’d hoped. And apply tathata training to that and then take that down the range.

Lee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.