Hooking my shot.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hooking my shot.

Ron

I am on Chapter 15 and went out golfing the other day. I felt like I was making good contact, but a majority of my shots went left or hooked.(FYI I am right handed). Any idea on what I am doing wrong or how to correct this.

Les
    Les

Check your surf to level – if you right hip or right knee is kicking torwards the ball you will have a tendency to come over the top. OTT plus a closed face will cause pulls. Coming too much from the inside plus a closed face will give you a hook.

I find with me that my hooks come in when I stall out at impact and the arms come off the body. This will roll the club face over through the hitting area. If I roll the face early I get a hook, if I roll the face late I get a push.

See how it goes as you adapt to the new motion and see what happens after Chapter 3 when you start to apply pressures to your swing.

Nice explanation Les.

Not one to give advice, or for that matter receive it, but I had the same hook problem. Took a video and it was my set up, with my right foot back my body was compensating and my shoulders were pointing to the left. Once I straighten out the shoulders ball flight was true. Hope this helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.