Light Bulb Moment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Light Bulb Moment

Am on Day 18. The most revealing insight for me so far is back to level during transition from backswing to finish. Surf the knees and snap to level are new movements in my understanding of the golf swing. Anyone so enlightened or have another light bulb understanding.

I am on Day 2 and agree that the body movements you mention have never been proper in my swing therefore, giving me the “lightbulb moment”. To see and hear it explained is wonderful. Add to that the Chapter Support, it really enhances the understanding.

It is funny how my mind wrestles with muscle memory and trying to incorporate the new movement and feeling. I have a physical and mental pause before my body moves properly. It is almost like a frozen moment.

Pushing the pelvis back is foreign to my swing. Though it feels powerful and smooth my body fights it and wants to move forward and up.

I wish you well on your journey.

Regards,
    L.

I’m on day 34 and something amazing happened this week while going through my on range practice session.

As I was surfing into impact and I felt, for the first time, the back leg really driving “hogan” hard while the body remained stable with increasing pressure through the entire swing. Now I can “drive” into impact as hard or soft as I want into the ball depending on my intent.

Spending time away from hitting the ball is very powerful to improving the swing when you do hit the ball with intent!

Incredible. Thank you Rick, Lance and Shonn for sharing and being a part of Tathata Golf.

Love that you are enjoying the training and maybe coming to realize that these movements you are seeing in the program are not new or profound, but have always been a part of you and your natural, athletic motion you learned as child in other sports and everyday outdoor play.

We appreciate you providing this feedback and look forward to what’s to come for all of you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.