TELL TATHATA | How many days has it taken you to get to this point? What type of training schedule, if any, have you implemented?

This topic contains 39 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Tathata Staff Tathata Staff 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 40 total)
  • TELL TATHATA | How many days has it taken you to get to this point? What type of training schedule, if any, have you implemented?
    Jim
    Jim

It has taken me almost 20 days to get through 11 days of training. My plan is simple: do one day of training each day that I can. However, travel commitments made it impossible to train on certain days.

I guess i’m at 45+ days and just finished Lesson 14. I have been playing quite a bit and doing other things with work and running so i “only” do about 1 or 2 Lessons per week. I am very serious about getting the program down and plan on going back to it over and over as i continue to play the next 10-20 years. It fits me perfectly and i knew from the first Lesson on setup that it was worth learning the body routine, stretching, and now the arm and shoulders routine is helping even more. I have always found the “top” of the swing and finishing the swing to be very elusive and i don’t have the confidence in competitive situations that i want so… I’m seeing very good results already and will continue at my pace – there is no hurry.
    The best tips for me have been the feet and legs as the “controllers” of the swing – the top of the swing and finishing are much easier now as i simply use the surfing move and sitting down into the back glutes to have that authentic balance and strength.
    My training schedule is to go out on the range a couple of times and practice the moves hitting before i go on to the next deeper discussion or routine. It takes many reps for me with the real thing to get past having to think about the movement. It seems to be coming together nicely and i will continue with it throughout the winter by listening and practicing a coupe of times per week at least. I am only playing once a week right now.

I’m at lesson 32 after 42 days. I’m trying to complete around 5 lessons a week. Upon completion I intend to repeat certain lessons over the winter.

I purchased the 60 day training on Oct. 14th, and here on Oct. 27th (14 days inclusive) I have completed 16 lessons. I’m training every day, mostly getting up at 5:45 a.m. to train before I start my work day.
    But sometimes my time gets squeezed, so I do part in the morning and the rest when I get home from work, and catch up on the weekends. I was….. what I refer to as a pretty decent golfer 20++ years ago, got away from it for many years, and have been struggling with my game ever since I came back to it. I play at least once a week, and practice on the range, etc. at least once a week, sometimes 2-3 times a week.

I am totally convinced that this very specific, programmed learning is going to turn my game around to be better than I was at my previous best.
    Thank you for creating such a comprehensive teaching/learning experience.
    Also, I’m looking forward to attending graduate school as soon as if complete the 60 days.

Thank you all for sharing. It’s great to hear the different training schedules and see how well everyone is progressing through the program.

You all are doing awesome. Continue to move at your own pace, however that may look to you. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Have had the training for 27 days and I will do day 17 tomorrow. Strangest thing for me is I haven’t gone to the range to beat balls. Have played a few times but content to do the lessons and spend time doing the body movements and now arm movements. In the past when learning something new regarding the golf swing i would feel the need to validate by hitting many balls. I have played golf for 50 years and been exposed to many forms of instruction but nothing like this…thank you very much Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing. It’s great to hear you are enjoying the program and incredible that you are discovering for yourself the more you train the movements, the less you “feel the need to validate by hitting balls.” We are smiling with you.

We look forward to your greatness continuing to build toward the new outcomes you are creating right now in your golf game.

I have completed 55 days. For me, it is as though I am learning ONE movement. The individual movement exercises help me to “quickly” identify weakness or loss of strength in any given part of my swing.

Today for the first time, I noticed a strong voice/sense when standing over the ball. “strength and certainty” was a mantra that I could actually hear loud and clear at address. It was subconscious and spontaneous – pretty amazing. Two weeks ago I would consciously tell myself to TRUST what I had learned to producing positive STRIKES.

Scott,

Congratulations on making it through Day 55 of the Program! Thank you for sharing your personal experiences and progress this far into the training. We look forward to you enjoying these last few days of the Program and possibly seeing you at an upcoming Live Training Experience here at the Tathata Headquarters in Scottsdale AZ.

Thanks for being a part of the Tathata Golf Family.

I finished the program in 27 days. I purchased the program on November 6th and finished it last night (December 2nd). I found the program almost addictive. As everything builds upon itself, I found myself wanting to learn more and more. I played 6 rounds of golf during that time and found a noticeable improvement in the direction of my shots. I am a low handicap player that has always struggled with my takeaway sequencing. I am very excited about the simple, repeatable move that I have learned.

With the completion of the program I now have access to watching individual segments again. This is going to be very helpful.

Joe S.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the time and energy you have put into the training, we are smiling with you. Congratulations on completing the program. It’s great to hear you are now enjoying and taking advantage of the 60-Day Program broken apart. This section and the entire program is yours to access and go back to anytime you choose to.

Thank you for sharing and being a part of Tathata Golf.

I started on Jan 1, and am now on day 15. Trying to get in 2-3 lessons/week.

Jeff, great to hear you are getting in 2-3 lessons/week. That’s incredible. Thank you for training in the 60-Day Program.

It took me 14 days to complete chapter 1. My goal is to complete 5 days per week.

That’s awesome Randy, thank you for sharing. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have as you continue your training.

I purchased the program 19 days ago and just completed day 14 lesson today.

I just finished 12 days and I will be doing my 16 day next. I am kind of like Jonathan and have been playing golf off and on for 50 years and have had many different instruction, but nothing like this. I have many handicaps, which I won’t get into here. I am doing as much as I can with my limitations, but believe that this is great. Thank’s and I hope afterr all these years I will be able to golf.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.